Trinity, NC

I have a bruise colored lump on the back of my earlobe right under one of the piercings in my ear the lumps sore to touch what may this be?

Dr. Jeffrey Clemens
General Surgery 37 years experience
? keloid: This may be a form of extra scar tissue called keloid. Ears are a common location, it's due to the trauma of the ear piercing. How long have the lumps been present and are they enlarging. Any history of problems with wound healing elsewhere in the body?
Dr. Robert Stachler
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 31 years experience
Seems like a keloid to me. You need to see an ent who can treat it with a steroids. It may be small enough to shrink with an intra-lesional injection of steroid. Either way someone needs to see it and determine next steps. Hope you get better soon.
May 7, 2017

Last updated Jun 11, 2017