Bay Shore, NY

I am experiencing feeling anxious (worsened by: psychological stress) . i picked up my xanax rx today and got my usual looking pills, at the bottom there was a small pill " v 4007".is it also xanax & they ran out so it's just different brand? take?

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Contact pharmacist: With so many generic substitutes, it is impossible to tell you whether you are getting the right pill. Although it is likely that your hunch is correct, it is prudent for you to contact the pharmacist about this since it may indeed be something else other than xanax.
Dr. Cornelius Oleary
Benzodiazepines: Studies show benzodiazepines are effective in treating anxiety. Xanax, (alprazolam) is your usual medicine it has a faster onset of action but doesn't last as long as Ativan (lorazepam) which is the drug you got today since they were out of Xanax. Don't worry same class of drugs. You can google pills to identify them. Also google alprazolam vs. lorazepam. Consider SSRI with a psychiatrist and CBT

Last updated May 26, 2017