i was informed that my dr left her practice. saw her for years and absolutely love her. she spoke to my college premed club so i have her contact info. is it appropriate to email & ask for a referral since i wasnt notified in advance of her leaving?

Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Specializes in Family Medicine
If you're asking for: her new practice information so that you may continue to see her, contacting her via email isn't inappropriate. She can decide whether or not to respond to you and what info to provide you. If you're asking for a referral from her (such as to a specialist), since you're no longer her patient, that would be inappropriate of her. I definitely understand how you feel about losing her!
Answered on Mar 2, 2017
1