Today I went to have an ultrasound on my right arm and the results indicated I have a small blood clot. Doc didn't send me to the Er . Should I go ?

Dr. Ryan Polselli
14 years experience in Radiology
It Depends...: Blood "clots" can be arterial or venous. Most often, ultrasound of the upper extremity is evaluating for venous thrombosis (clot in the veins). Thrombosis in the superficial veins (superficial thrombophlebitis or SVT) is typically treated with aspirin and or removal of the offending cause. Treatment in the deeper veins (deep vein thrombosis or DVT) is more complex. Make sure you ask your doctor.
Answered on Feb 26, 2017
1