i went to my doctor because my nose is sore and red , it hurts when i sneeze and wipe it some blood. he said i have mrsa and how long am i contagious?

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
20 years experience Hospital-based practice
Use HealthTap Prime: to discuss this complex situation or TTYD. Usually MRSA is diagnosed by a nasal swab. Most of the time, MRSA in the nose is a carrier state & not an active infection (exception: if your immune system is weakened). Most likely you have a viral infection (rhinosinusitis) which runs its course in 10-14 days (unless immunized). Humidifiers help w/ nosebleed. Stay hydrated (until urine runs clear). GL.
Answered on Jun 11, 2017