Irving, TX

i am experiencing vague reverse afterimage when looking at a high contrast or bright stimulus. read about palinopsia and brain tumor. concerned. ?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
Concern not needed: You are seeing afterimages which are common when looking at high contrast objects and then looking away at something like a low contrast, uniformly color wall. This is not a symptom of brain tumor. Especially at your age.
Dr.
Palinopsia: For specific diagnosis and advice for your situation you will need to see a doctor licensed in the US for neurological examination. Here is some general information about palinopsia: http://www.palinopsiafoundation.org/about-palinopsia/ Here is some general information on brain tumours: http://patient.info/health/brain-cancer-and-brain-tumours
Dr. Richard Zimon
Brain tumors: are actually the LEAST possible reasons for "after imaging" . There is Normal after imaging . there is MIGRAINE based palinospia etc etc If you are very concerned have your next eye exam by a Board Certified Opthamologist! Hope this is helpful! Dr Z