Fond du Lac, WI
A male asked:

i have a lump on the back left side of my head that's been there for over two years. it's only now starting to hurt. you can't see it and is firm.

Dr. Jeffrey Levine
Sebaceous Cyst: Your description is consistent with a Sebaceous or Epidermal Cyst, which can persist asymptomatically for years, then become inflamed or tense causing pain. See your clinician to evaluate it, and determine if it should be excised.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Exam needed: This would have to be examined by a physician, but it could be an inclusion cyst or wen. If it's very firm or hard it could be a boney outgrowth of the skull or exostosis which is often present since birth.