can you please tell me about endometriosis?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Ectopic endometrium: The lining of the uterus is the endometrium. When a woman has her period that endometrial tissue turns loose and is expelled as the menstrual period. Some of the endometrial cells and blood can flow through the fallopian tubes into the pelvis. Because those cells are viable, they can implant and grow. When that happens, the endometrium that is growing outside the uterus is called endometriosis.
Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine 19 years experience
Abn Uterine tissue: Endometriosis is when the tissue that normally lives inside the middle of the uterus gets somewhere else (outside of uterus, on bladder, on tubes, anywhere else in your body). It then gets hormone signals from the ovaries to activate. In some women it causes no problems. In other women, it causes pain, painful sex, infertility, etc.
Dr. Lillian Schapiro
Uterine lining cells: Uterine lining cells that are in the pelvic cavity are called endometriosis. They often cause pain, often worse during your period. It can also cause pain with intercourse. See your gynecologist for diagnosis and treatment. Diagnosis is done my laparoscopy or roboticallly. You have to actually see it to diagnoseit. At the same procedure, the endometriosis should be excised.
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice 53 years experience
Pelvic Pain : Theory that uterus-lining tissue migrates to layer of tissue (peritoneum) lining the pelvic cavity & shedding blood at each menses.  alternative theory is hormone "relaxin" further loosens pelvic ligaments already loosened by joint hypermobility syndrome, multiple childbirths or injury; causing tendonitis of transversus abdominis muscle at the anterior superior iliac crests.