U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Middlebury, IN
A female asked:

I had a ct after lump and bruise on foot. it showed ganglion cyst. can a radiologist tell it is a ganglion and not a tumor or sarcoma from a ct scan?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Daniel Saurborn
Diagnostic Radiology 24 years experience
With contrast, yes.: If the CT was done with contrast, then the radiologist would likely be able to tell the difference between a cyst and a tumor. A ganglion cyst would have negligible enhancing tissue, while a sarcoma would be a solid lesion with significant enhancement.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 7, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.