MA

I recently had a mammogram. the techn. took 1 or 2 additional x rays at the mammogram.why? can i get cancer due to additional x rays taken at the mam?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 50 years experience
No, not likely: Medical use of X-rays is quite safe. So taking a few extra images, when required is safe. The reason he did extra ones may be to get a better image or to enlarge any suspicious areas. I would not worry about it...just check the reports which I suspect will likely be normal.
Dr. Robert Douglas
Orthodontics 51 years experience
No: The x-ray dose from the machine is about the same as you get from the sun in an hour at the beach.

Last updated Dec 4, 2016