If rabbits carry the parasite ecuniculi and i washed their cages in my bathtub to clean them, then bleach the tub after, if I took a bath am I at risk?

Dr. Susan Rhoads
37 years experience in Family Medicine
Ask a vet to be sure: Ecunculi is a parasitic infection that appears to be epidemic in rabbits. It can be transmitted to humans, although this is more likely if the person is immunocompromised (AIDS, or on chemotherapy). According to this textbook, the parasite is easily killed with common disinfectants. It does not say specifically if bleach is enough. See http://tinyurl.com/h9vd52e Contact a vet to be sure & safe
Answered on Oct 6, 2016