TX

my 1 yr old keeps getting sick, throat sores and croup. he is not around other children, just found tons of black mold in vents. is this causing it?

Can't say: Of the hundreds of strains of dark mold only one is actually toxic. A proper analysis can determine the risk of what you found. You otherwise need to find and eliminate the source of moisture that sustains the mold and eliminate it.Your kid is around you & you can bring home germs that may not give you symptoms. The kid also goes with you to exposure areas..