United Kingdom

elevated crp, ulnar nerve trapped, low.back pain, cavovarus feet, weak hands and fingers. diagnosis fibromyalgia despite no tender poin is this right?

Dr. Michele Arnold
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 22 years experience
Criteria: A diagnosis of fibromyalgia should be made based on the american college of rheumatology 1990 criteria: at least 11/18 defined tender points (requires full body exam of those 18 sites), pain above & below the waist, both left & right, for more than 3-6 months, other associated symptoms and other similar conditions must first be ruled out. Consider 2nd opinion with a rheumatologist or physiatrist.
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Pain Management 35 years experience
Fibromyalgia is the number one most overly, and incorrectly, diagnosed condition. It is used by many when they are confused. It is a real but rare entitty that simply doesn't explain most ailments, like yours. Seek second, and if needed, third opinions.
Feb 2, 2012
Dr. Jonathan Kirschner
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 16 years experience
Caviovarus feet suggests peripheral neuropathy, as do your ulnar symptoms. You need a good electro diagnostic evaluation
Apr 8, 2013
Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Neurology 23 years experience
Unlikely.: Highly unlikely that fibromyalgia is diagnosed considering what you mentioned. Unless you forgot to give more history.
Dr. Jonathan Kirschner
Peripheral neuropath: With distal involvement and cavovarus feet it sounds like you have peripheral neuropathy, you need an emg/ncs test to diagnose demyelination vs axonal. Given your age maybe charcot marie tooth?