lost 40 lbs in 3 months. deep back pain on lower right side. pain in lower right abdomen. bloating and constipation. green stool. is this ibs?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
50 years experience Endocrinology
40 lbs weight loss: 40 lb weight loss in 3 months does not sound good. Please set up an appointment with your Primary doctor. She/he will take your history, examine you, and then order labs and possibly xrays. Hope all goes well - please keep me posted.
Answered on Sep 8, 2016
1
Dr. Morton Levitt
48 years experience Pathology
GI Issues: IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion - that means that all other explanatory conditions must be ruled out first. I am concerned with the 40 pound weight loss (unless you are on a diet) and the back pain (IBS sufferers usually have abdominal pain). And the green stool is unusual for IBS. I would suggest a visit to a gastroenterologist.
Answered on Jul 10, 2018
2