New Orleans, LA

I have a 9mm cyst inside neural foramina at t1-t2 and my ring and pinky fingers are going numb a lot. i have to see a neurosurgeon- how will they fix?

Dr. Mark Fisher
Neurology 34 years experience
How will they fix?: The first question is whether this "cyst" is actually causing your symptoms. What you describe could also be an ulnar neuropathy at the elbow. Has that been ruled out? The last thing you want is an unnecessary back operation that "fixes" nothing. A good surgeon is one who knows when NOT to operate. Stop trying to 2nd-guess the doctors & make sure your diagnosis is correct. That's key.

Last updated Aug 25, 2016