Carrollton, GA

if er prescribed ativan (lorazepam) for anxiety, who do i talk to to continue this prescription? it actually helps. primary doc or psychiatrist?

Dr. Felix Brizuela
Neurology 32 years experience
Primary doctor: I would contact my primary doctor, however, many doctors are nervous about prescribing drugs like this lately, because of fear of persecution by the DEA or the State Medical boards. If you're having anxiety issue, your absolute best bet is to see a psychiatrist, explain to the psychiatrist that this drug which is a class of drugs called benzodiazepines, is the only medication that helps