Will yasmin (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) regulate periods in PCos? will this medication have any side effects?

Dr. Peter Baumann
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Birth control pill: Yasmin (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) is a birth control pill. The nature of birth control pills is that they administer defined amounts of hormones to the body. The hormones suppress the production of ovarian hormones and stop ovulation. The regular administration of defined amounts of hormones also regulates a woman's cycle. On the downside, a woman taking birthcontrol pills cannot get pregnant.
Answered on Aug 15, 2016