Worcester, MA

I got my mirena (levonorgestrel) out 8/3, and got my period 8/5, normal flow until today 8/9 and i leaked though my tampon pulled it out with a 5-6"blood clot attached?

Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Gynecology 23 years experience
Watch: If you start to bleed heavily and it doesn't stop then go to the ER. Too much is typically considered soaking through more than a maxi pad an hour for 2 hours, or if associated with dizziness, shortness of breath, other symptoms. Heavy bleeding can also be 2nd removal of the IUD with disruption of the lining. It can also occur with infection. See a doctor to evaluate further

Last updated Aug 10, 2016