can stenosis return after celiac artery compression surgery? pain nausea steatorrea back. sma plaque also. could ischemia be from sma alone?

Dr. Kirk Charles
Vascular Surgery 22 years experience
Yes: The stenosis can return because scar tissue develops. Sma stenosis can lead to similar symptoms but more typically has pain after eating. If SMA disease is present should consider treatment to prevent other problems.
Dr. Timothy Wu
Vascular Surgery 18 years experience
Complicated Question: Celiac artery compression syndrome (cacs) is the condition usually associated with the surgery you've described. Stenosis does not generally return after surgery for cacs. Chronic mesenteric ischemia can be from SMA stenosis in isolation, however, this would not include steatorrhea. With back pain, nausea, and steatorrhea i would consider pancreatitis or some other issue with the pancreas.