hi is a blood pressure reading of 124/86 and 131/92 and 125/88 acceptable i'm 39 and my doctor has asked me to monitor blood pressure at home.

Dr. Katherine Caldwell
16 years experience General Practice
Blood pressure: "Normal" blood pressure should be <140/90. Ideally, it should be closer to 120/70. For you, it's the diastolic (second) reading that is slightly elevated, but not into a worrisome or dangerous range. The best thing for you is to try to fix this now by making diet/lifestyle changes to avoid meds later. Stop smoking, limit salt, eliminate fast/processed foods, exercise, lose weight if you're heavy.
Answered on Nov 28, 2017
1