Seymour, CT

raised small mole. had bodycheck by skin dr 3/31. had physical w blood work 2day. all normal. how fast does melanoma spread? i cant see dr 4 a week

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 57 years experience
Relax: Most melanomas are flat. "Small" is not precise enough. Most melanomas are larger than the diameter of a standard pencil eraser. Development of melanomas usually is a process of months to years. If the skin DR found nothing just 2 months ago, forget it unless there are alarming changes such as ulceration, obvious color change, obvious change in size/ shape.