Dover, OH

5yr old son diagnosed w ear infection last nite. neg for strep. still has fever of 101 w advil (ibuprofen). no energy & barely wanting to eat/drink should i worry?

Not necessarily: Ear infections can take a good day and a half to 2 days before the treatment builds up enough in their system to start winning the battle against the germ. Some meds are also slower than others to get the fever down and the kid may have a coexisting virus that confuses the picture. If the kid is taking fluids enough to stay hydrated, you can give it another day.