IN

What does it mean when your right arm hurts? it's like pain gathers at my shoulder and then shoots down to my hand.

Dr. Scott Hacking
Pain: Usually radiating pain such as this is from a nerve impingement. Sources include the nerves exiting from the neck (c Spine), compression at the elbow (such as ulnar nerve entrapment) or even in the carpal tunnel. The radial nerve can also be affected as it passes under the humerus (upper arm). You may also have a rotator cuff problem or bursitis of the shoulder. Please see a doctor.
Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
Possible nerve damag: Something called the brachial plexus is where a lot of nerves which come out of your neck cross cross and go into your armpit and then down your arm to your finger tips. If you injured your shoulder seriously, if it was pulled on very strongly, those nerves could have been seriously damaged. A good neurologist will help you resolve the issue.

Last updated Aug 20, 2018