i'm having an extremely heavy period. every 45 minutes i'm running to the bathroom. my last was 5mos ago. it range from 3-4 months in between. help. ?

Dr. Shadia Constantine
Specializes in Internal Medicine
First day?: Dear XKarim, I know it can be scary and above all, inconvenient however, not unusual at this point. I would just take it easy today. Your uterus probably accumulated a large layer of blood during these 5 months. It should low down but the 2 or 3 day. You might want to consider using a tampon in addition to the napkins if you need to go out. I hope this helps.
Answered on Oct 15, 2017
1