my molar has a cavity under a filling. i'm having pain but not 100% sure it's that tooth as the pain is more in my jaw area. should i see a dentist?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Kirk Yen
Dr. Kirk Yen answered
37 years experience Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
See your dentist: The cavity is getting closer to the tooth pulp and it may spread to other parts of the body. The pain may reside in the pulp as toothache or spread from the root causing jaw pain which appears to be what you have. See your dentist for evaluation and treatment ASAP.
Answered on May 24, 2016
1
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
39 years experience Dentistry
Of course: You've got a carious lesion under an old filling.. at a minimum you need a new filling. The longer you wait, the more complex your treatment will be. Call for an appointment.
Answered on May 24, 2016
1
Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience Orthodontics
Do not delay: Yes, you should see a Dentist immediately. Delay will only allow cavity (infection) to spread, destroy more tooth tissue, and more surrounding bone/gum. Call now!
Answered on May 10, 2017