A 1-year-old female asked:
my 16m old ate a pile of finger nail clippings. i got as many as i could out of her mouth, but i think she may have swallowed some. can this hurt her?
1 doctor answer
Dr. James Ferguson answered
46 years experience Pediatrics
Not really: Other than the obvious germ laden nature of the material it is not toxic. I consider it foreign protein. It wont hurt her like a button battery or medicines might. Whatever you didn't retrieve will be sterilized by stomach acid and digested.
Answered on Nov 10, 2020
90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:
People also searched for:
Connect by text or video with a U.S. board-certified doctor now — wait time is less than 1 minute!
$15 per month