have decayed tooth down to gums its now swollen w/lump behind ear. have amoxicillin 500mg how many can take @once? what to do can't afford dentist

2 doctor answers
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
52 years experience Infectious Disease
Find a way: You can't afford NOT to see a dentist or physician. Amoxicillin or other antibiotics alone aren't going to fix this, and you are risking a more serious problem that could even be life threatening. Check options like a community clinic or the local health department, where help may be available despite inability to pay, or maybe enroll you in medicaid or othe rinsurance (even in Texas!). Good luck!
Answered on May 15, 2016
1
1
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
52 years experience Infectious Disease
Provided original answer
I hope you understand I'm not blaming you and wish you didn't have to go through special steps to get care for a problem like this. It is unconscionable that this situation exists in our country, in some places worse than others. It's the problem that Obamacare is a start on solving. But for the time being, you're probably going to have to work at it. I'm sorry it is so. Good luck.
May 13, 2016
Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience Orthodontics
Spreading infection: You can't afford not to see a Dentist. You have a virulent infection that is spreading and that can do immense harm. The amount of antibiotic you take must be directed by a physician or dentist. Antibiotic will not cure dental infection. You must have hands-on dental treatment. Check w Social Services. Seek hospital-based clinic. Is there a Dental School in your area? Get help now.
Answered on Nov 27, 2017
1