Is there something wrong with my heart? it starts hurting for no reason and it beats kind of slow. i don't have chest pain but its where my heart is

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 50 years experience
You would benefit fr: A mredical check up would benefit you in case you have chest pain which is persisting for more than a few days. Since you also have concern about your heart beat, an ekg(electrocardiogram) could be done to check on the heart tracings. Ekg can also show changes due to any heart related painsuch as from pericarditis or angina. I suggest that you go and have a check up from your primary care doctor.
Dr. Kakarala RAO
Addiction Medicine 52 years experience
R/o cardiac cause: Pain in the heart area is better evaluated by a cardiologist as there is what is called silent heart attack.Even if it is not there are other cardiac and pericardial reasons for chest pain and it is good to sort it out at least once.

Last updated Sep 24, 2016