if your hs-crp is measured to be normal (.05mg/dl) does it imply that regular crp is also normal? confused b/c reference ranges are very different.

43 years experience Pathology
C-reactive protein: Nobody really knows what C-reactive protein means or how to establish a reference range for a test that's famously not sensitive or specific for anything. As a pathologist, I feel that testing for this leads to "treating lab values" and scaring people, and that it's driven by defensive medicine. I may be wrong. Stay fit, care for youself, manage coronary risk factors, & don't focus on labs.
Answered on May 10, 2016
1