hello, i was just literally sitting with my husband and got a sharp pulsating pain in my right hip area. the pain comes and goes in little sharppulses?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Edward Seegers
Hip pain: hello ~ are you an athlete? If so its probably ligamentous strain. Tri-athlete? Could be early OA. If not, see a MD if it persists. Dont forget extra Ca and Vit D. thanks
Answered on May 8, 2016
1
Dr. Donald Colantino
Hip pain: That type of stabbing pain is consistent with an irritable or irritated nerve in that area. It is not a classic symptom of hip arthritis or bursitis which commonly affect the hip joint. My sense is that this symptom will resolve on its own, but if it persists or worsens, consult an orthopedic specialist.
Answered on Nov 27, 2017