I have a red spotty itchy rash around my nose, i thought it could be eczema but i tried to put hydrocortisone ointment on it and it's not working.

Dr. James Rochester
Post photo?: Could you post a photo of the area? That would be somewhat helpful, although with skin conditions we really need to see them in person. Re: eczema dx, the fact that you put HCTZ (hydrochlorothiazide) on it and it did not work may or may not be important. Best tx for eczema is to keep skin hydrated, moisturized and avoid any irritation to the area.

Last updated Apr 27, 2016