26, non-smoker, overweight. i have a swollen & sore throat almost daily. i have some post-nasal drip. could gerd/acid reflux be causing this? i can hear " fizzing" in my throat. my throat hasn't felt " normal" since i started getting bad acid reflux.

2 doctor answers
Dr. Donald Colantino
Otolaryngologist: You may be experiencing laryngopharyngeal reflux rather than the more common gerd. It is more difficult to diagnose and treat. I feel that you should consult an otolaryngologist for evaluation, advice and treatment.
Answered on Apr 25, 2016
1
Dr. John Goldman
54 years experience Rheumatology
You have nailed it: Your reflux appears to be the problem. You need a vigorous program of weight control, raising the head of the bed and a gastroenterology evaluation to be certain there are not any other resons for the GERD
Answered on May 2, 2016
1