U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Beverly Hills, CA
A 26-year-old male asked:

I inhaled an expo dry erase marker hard as a joke, should i be worried about toxic exposure or dangerous chemicals? it said non-toxic but worried.

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Sean Ray
Dr. Sean Rayanswered
Emergency Medicine 12 years experience
No: Unless you are allergic to one of the components in the marker, there should be no concern; as you noted, the marker is marked as non-toxic. In the future, I would recommend that you not inhale household items, as many of them are dangerous.
Dr. Su Fairchild
Integrative Medicine 24 years experience
Depends: worry more about the pollution in the air you breathe everyday; the chlorine, fluoride, and other chemicals in your water, the lead, dioxins, pesticides, and mercury in the food you eat. Don't worry so much about the marker, just don't do it again.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Free
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Free
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 30, 2016

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.