Beverly Hills, CA

I inhaled an expo dry erase marker hard as a joke, should i be worried about toxic exposure or dangerous chemicals? it said non-toxic but worried.

Dr. Sean Ray
Dr. Sean Rayanswered
Emergency Medicine 12 years experience
No: Unless you are allergic to one of the components in the marker, there should be no concern; as you noted, the marker is marked as non-toxic. In the future, I would recommend that you not inhale household items, as many of them are dangerous.
Dr. Su Fairchild
Integrative Medicine 24 years experience
Depends: worry more about the pollution in the air you breathe everyday; the chlorine, fluoride, and other chemicals in your water, the lead, dioxins, pesticides, and mercury in the food you eat. Don't worry so much about the marker, just don't do it again.

Last updated Apr 30, 2016