TX

my tonsils are swollen, red and sore. i also have white/yellow slimy stuff on them. it's hard to breathe. had this not too long ago and now it's back.

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Go to ER...: Shortness of breath can be a sign that your upper airway is closing and this can be life-threatening if you wait. Go to the ER now and get this checked out. If your breathing turns out to be ok, they will treat your tonsillitis. If you don't have a ride to the ER, call 911. Don't drive yourself. I cannot stress how important it is for you to go to the ER right now!!! Don't waste time. Good luck!!