does occipital neuralgia cause tingling over one half of scalp and sore spots on scalp? hurts to move hair. also tingly numb feeling forehead n cheek

Dr. Nathaniel Schuster
Specializes in Pain Management
Cutaneous allodynia: Cutaneous allodynia is the scalp tenderness and pain with hair movement that can happen when a migraine has gone on for a while until there is "central sensitization." The numbness in forehead and cheek doesn't sound like occipital neuralgia. Hemicrania continua is also a possibility, but less likely. I'm available for consult if you'd like to discuss further. Hope that helps!