i slightly hit my foot on a ladder which was laying flat. now i have a small lump on the outside of my foot that is very painful to walk and touch. ?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
Sounds like: A contusion but an X-ray is redo ended nonetheless.
Answered on May 19, 2017
Dr. Ashley Vanderloop
12 years experience Podiatry
Contusion: injuries typically heal without complications and get better daily. If you are still having pain and the swelling has not reduced it would be imperative to get an xray and proper diagnosis and treatment!
Answered on May 6, 2016
1
Dr. Edward Hellman
28 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Varies: There are a number if potential causes. If it is minor then potentially rest, ice, elevation may lead to a resolution. If it is severe or it fails to improve I would not hesitate to be seen and evaluated for it.
Answered on May 6, 2016