my boyfriend and i have been having oral sex, i have a yeast infection and he wanted to go down on me. my question/cocern will he get sick?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
52 years experience Infectious Disease
Better to wait: Genital yeast infections usually are not transmitted to the mouth during oral sex, but it can happen; I've had a few patients over the years. Better to wait until your infection has been treated and symptoms cleared up. Also, be certain it's definitely a yeast infection. Yeast usually causes itching as the main symptom; vaginal discharge usually is due to other things, including STDs.
Answered on Nov 27, 2017