Dixon, IL

i've been abusing laxatives for 4 months now and lately i've been having pains in the abdomen and lower back. also i found traces of blood in my urine?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Evaluation needed: In view of your history of laxative abuse and current abdominal symptoms, I recommend that you consult a gastroenterologist for diagnosis, treatment and dietary advice to regulate bowel function and get away from use of laxatives. Traces of blood in the urine must be explained(?from vagina,?bladder infection, stone,etc) and a urologist is best qualified to evaluate this. Proper tests will be done

Last updated Mar 31, 2016