GA

i've anemia, kidney failure (3), gout.. is there way to treat anemia w/o upsetting the gout and kidney? is the anemia life threatening w/o treatment?

Dr. Christine Hom
Anemia: Anemia is a frequent problem with chronic kidney disease and absolutely can be treated in patients with diseases like gout. Your kidney doctor may be the best one to discuss your options. Good luck!
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Potentially : Yes, anemia can potentially be life threatening if your blood count drops low enough. There are multiple reasons a person with renal failure can have anemia. Addressing it is usually a multi pronged approach. I would discuss directly with your doctor.