NY

My son is allergic to milk and egg whites. if i cut them out completely could he become more allergic to them? right now he's at class 3.

Dr. Florence Nwofor
Specializes in Pediatrics
LIKELY NO...: The outcome of food allergy depends on what type of allergy; ie is it mediated by IgE or not. Most children will outgrow their food allergy especially if not mediated by IgE and in the absence of other disorders of allergy. I will like to recommend that if a food challenge is to be be attempted when your child is ready, that it should be done under the supervision of an allergist. Take care

Last updated Mar 12, 2016