my dr told me to have my lower wisdom teeth removed during jaw surgery bsso (no need towait 4-6mth)would it affect my bone? ive openbite/ underbite

2 doctor answers
Dr. Justin Nelson
15 years experience Pediatric Dentistry
No: No it should not impact or affect your bone and it is a great idea to piggyback off the jaw surgery to have the 3rd out. One surgical phase is always ideal.
Answered on Feb 25, 2016
Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience Orthodontics
Underbite: The surgeons that I respect feel that the appropriate Rx is: Remove wisdom teeth, straighten upper & lower teeth to their respective jaws, reset jaws surgically, complete the Orthodontic treatment. Please consult with both Orthodontist and Oral Surgeon.
Answered on Aug 1, 2018