TX

i've noticed i have 2 dark lines running from cuticle up to end of one thumb nail. also noticed discoloration on one big toe and weird white on other.

Dr. Rajeev Sehgal
Podiatry 25 years experience
Culture : Have your local podiatrist evaluate for a fungal infection of the involved nails....there may be other causes as well: trauma, bacterial infection, or a yeast infection
Get checked: Black stripes down 1 nail may be subungual hematoma. Red or brown streaks may be splinter hemorrhages. Brown/black lines from nail plate to tip are often seen in people with dark skin & are normal. Subungual Melanoma can cause nail ridges & dark colors of cuticle. It most often effects the thumbs or big toes. Dark lines may be due to other illnesses. Get checked out when in doubt.