United Kingdom

Ihave eczema on my arms and i was prescribed hydrocortisone. now i have eczema again and i have dark patches on my arms. how do i get rid of it quick?

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Hard to tell: Since hydrocortisone actually lightens the skin, I presume that the dark patches are residual from the original skin rash or from your scratching . Since the resolution of the rash depends on what the disease condition is, it would be impossible to estimate a recovery time. A dermatologist can Rx a combination cream to reduce the pigmentation but it usually improve in a few weeks only its own

Last updated Feb 21, 2016