Canada

I have been taking 1mg of ativan (lorazepam) for about 7 weeks. how can i safely taper off ? can you give me a schedule. thank you.

Dr. Sutira Scheef
See your physician: Typically in a patient taking benzodiazepines for 2 weeks or longer should be on scheduled taper under direct care of physician in order to consider other medications (especially sedating meds) and personal history that could alter your taper plan. It is strongly recommended that the prescribing physician of your Ativan (lorazepam) should be directing a taper that is specific to you.

Last updated Feb 14, 2016