Lumberton, NJ

experiencing chronic vertigo and severe tinnitus leaving me bedridden (4 days). healthy 39yo female. what is this? foods to avoid? can i take nsaids?

Dr. Scott Bateman
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 31 years experience
Possible Meniere's: Recurrent episodes of vertigo (a spinning sensation) accompanied by severe tinnitus for 4 days is certainly concerning for Meniere's, but there are other diagnoses that should be considered. It is important that you be seen by an otolaryngologist who can make the appropriate diagnosis. For my Meniere's patients, I ask them to avoid excessive salt, sugar and caffeine. NSAIDs are OK.

Last updated Feb 15, 2016