India

my son underwent a lft . and alkaline phosphate came out to be 410 . is it a matter to worry ?????!

Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
Not really: How old is your child to start with? alk phos isn't that highly elevated,usually it denotes liver or bone condition. In your child's case, expected to be a bone condition, the most common is during active bone growth (during a growth spurt), if having vit d defeiciency, common, or during healing of bone fracture. Unlikely to be a liver problem in your child, again clinical correlation is important