I have an 8 cm fibroid (transmural/submucosa). how likely is it to spontaneously resolve or to have parts of it come out in clementine sized clots?

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Fibroid & clots: A sub mucosal fibroid sits under the lining of the uterus(endometrium) and can cause voluminous bleeding and clots. The bleeding is hemorrhagic in nature and can cause rapid anemia as "flood City" becomes the new "normal" period.(abnormal) I hope your MD is following your situation closely as at age 25, hysterectomy is an unwanted outcome, but very common if hysteroscopy( fibroid removal) fails.

Last updated Mar 22, 2020