i ebf my 5mo and i've gotten sick stuffy nose, sore throat, nasty cough, stuffy head is there anything otc i can take? i know no to decongestants

Dr. Christine Hom
Sorry you're sick: You are right to avoid taking medicines that can pass into breast milk and cause side effects in your baby. Do keep on breastfeeding! Drink plenty of hot fluids, steam your congestion in a steamy bathroom and try a teaspoon of honey or agave for cough and sore throat. Feel better soon.
Dr. Nelson Sturgis
Symptomatic treatmen: It sounds as though you both have viral upper respiratory infections. The main treatment is to keep the nose clear using saline nasal mist. If there is a fever or not feeling well you could also use some acetaminophen or Tylenol. Respiratory illnesses last 4 to 7 days. Adults can use honey for A cough.