im 32 with four children... my period is always regular 6-7 days normal flow heavy first 3 days light last 3days ... i got on my period 3days ago and it very light and it sometimes stop for hours then i go to bathroom and wipe myself and its dark redish b

2 doctor answers
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Specializes in Gynecology
Probably normal: Sounds pretty normal. Dark reddish discharge is blood that has had some time to form a clot. Active bleeding is bright red the dark stuff is older blood. If this isn't causing a problem for you I wouldn't worry about it. If its a problem check with your gynecologist.
Answered on Dec 31, 2015
1
48 years experience Pathology
Unclear question: Menstrual irregularities are not uncommon and anovulatory cycle is a common cause. If you miss more than two periods it would be time to see your doctor. If you do not wish to be pregnant, use contraception all the time. You may consider implanted contraceptive or an IUD. Consult this site for more information on this topic. http://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/menstruation/conditioninfo/Pages/causes.aspx Practice safe sex.
Answered on Jan 2, 2016
1