United Kingdom

i had my tooth taken out a week ago today. i have just woke up to a big red/black lump in my mouth which was the blood clot. will i get dry socket?

Dr. Robert Moretta
Dentistry 39 years experience
Probably not: After a week you should be alright. But make sure you do not rinse your mouth out too vigorously and do not disturb the area at all. If you smoke, try not to for another week or so. A dry socket is very painful. If you start to develop pain, see your dentist right away.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Probably not: However if you have any soreness, bad taste, fever, call your treating Dentist or oral Surgeon. In the meantime, keep mouth scrupulously clean.